With respect to the go-live of the ‘VGM rule’, effective 1st of July 2016, we would like to provide an update.
- At time of placing the booking, please provide:
- Consignment weight (=cargo weight + packing and securing material weight),
- Verified Gross Weight (VGM) (=consignment weight + tare weight).
In case VGM is not known at time of booking, we require an estimated weight. Please inform us when actual VGM is known, and we will amend same in our systems.
Tare weight of BG Freight Line equipment can be found on: http://www.bgfreightline.com/equipment/
- It is shipper’s responsibility to provide us the VGM. In principle BG Freight Line will not be involved in determining the VGM.
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) have advised all parties to be pragmatic during the start-up period (until 1st of October 2016), allowing all parties to adapt to the new regulations and make further system and process updates.
- Our BG Freight Line offices will pro-actively follow up on units missing VGM in order to ensure smooth operations and minimizing containers left behind due to missing VGM.
- Starting as from 1st of July 2016, any VGM related cost charged to BG Freight Line by a third party, will be passed on to our customer. We will make use of this period to clearly assess the financial impact of the new VGM regulations to our company.
If you have any questions about above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
BG Freight Line B.V.